One of the hardest questions while traveling sometimes is “Where should I go next?”.
We are struggling to decide not only where we should go next, but also which country should be number 60 in our list.
Then the list continued growing with an unexpected trip to Senegal and a road trip through some Balkan and Central European countries.
After busting some movie myths about Bratislava and Slovakia, we nailed it at number 59.
So the most logical question is: What country should become number 60 in our list? Which country to visit next and what are the special charms about it?
Our list from 50 to 59
50. Sweden – we managed to visit just one city, but we usually get soaked in the local culture quickly.
51. Denmark – we walked the whole center of Copenhagen. We caught the best sunny spring day possible. Bistra returned for an exchange project later in the summer. Denmark is quite expensive but very beautiful.
53. Ireland welcomed us with lush green, moody castles and dramatic views along its streets and highways.
54. Palestine – technically we visited Bethlehem years ago, when we visited Israel. We did some lookup, and although Palestine is a sovereign state and it’s only recognized by 136 UN members, we decided to give it a number in our list (as a non-member observer state in the United Nations).
55. When we ask you, our readers, where to go next, there’s always one name in the polls. It’s Iceland. We considered visiting it few times before, but this time it happened, really. Its beauty still mesmerizes us. We also were lucky to make one of our biggest dream come true – we witnessed the Northern Lights.
56. Bosnia and Herzegovina – our Skoda road trip took us to a very close to Bulgaria country, which we had never visited before. Sarajevo, Titov Bunker, Mostar were part of the pleasant surprises there.
57. Croatia – Adriatic sea gives this curvy roads and unexpected beauties along it. The inside of the country – Plitvice Lakes NP and Zagreb – hold their ground too!
58. Slovenia is not a huge country. But it definitely evokes huge feelings with its friendly locals, scrumptious cuisine, and mountain treats.
59. Our road trip took us in Slovakia, where we entered an UFO dish and proved we can survive a 9-day road trip through 8 countries, making memories we haven’t had the time to describe so far…
We published our first book in Bulgaria – “The magic of traveling: Follow the locals”. Let’s see if we manage to publish it in English before we get to country number 60!
Want to help us?
Help us determine and plan a memorable experience in a new country! How to do that?
- Check out our list of visited countries so far.
- Give us your suggestion for country number 60 in the comments below. Don’t forget to share your favorite place, people, experience – anything that would make visiting this country special!
- If you work with a destination/travel brand/local business/airline – we can work together!
Help us choose country number 60!
And we would gladly keep all of you up to date with the experience in it!
In the meantime, check out our article on how we can travel more!